Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Trend, A Treasure Hunt, and Time with the Parents!



Trends come and go, and while I enjoy the spectacle of it all - I am generally tentative to jump on board. I tend to gravitate towards quality basics and eclectic statement pieces that I simply love and know I will not tire of quickly. To my surprise, one trend I am enjoying is this kimono-inspired soft jacket look. They are an easy way to add a pop of color or print to your basic pieces. They are also great to travel with as they can be worn with shorts during the day, as a swimsuit cover up, and even dressed up at night. 


Photo Courtesy of MissWhiteSmith Blog


My Purple Boho Big Shirt
I made a beautiful purple one, that sold rather quickly- and it has inspired me to make a collection of them. One size fits all, in an array of prints. Scouring everywhere for awesome fabric in beautiful colors and prints is what I love to do and lends itself perfectly to this project. I have already tracked down some of the materials online. It's pretty amazing with technology that you can buy vintage fabric from France- so excited for that to come in! Next, I will take my fabric hunt on the road. My parents are flying in from Louisiana this morning and I'm so excited! They are going to be Brooklyn residents for the next couple of days and it will be great to just spend some quality time with them. After hanging in New York - we are going to do a little road trip up the coast Mystic, CT and Newport, RI perhaps. I plan to derail the trip a couple of times for some fabric treasure hunting, I just can't help myself! Have a lovely memorial day weekend and I will report back soon!



As always, many thanks for following along on this creative journey! 

Be Well!

xo
 Erin 
http://www.erinelsie.com
Follow me on Instagram: ErinBlank_Designer


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment