Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dear Mom, 7 Days of "Thank You": Day 4




With Mother's day coming up, I'm taking some time this week to reflect on how things I have learned from my mom influence me everyday.  Here is day 4 of "Dear Mom, 7 Days of "Thank You."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4  - 

Dear Mom, 
Thank you for always speaking up, and for being my fearless defender and supporter. 

This reminds me of a quote that I like a lot. The first time I heard it, it made me think of my mom. 
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." - Alice Walker

In so many different scenarios in my life, my mom has always been my feisty supporter and defender. It doesn't matter how big or small the injustice, she's not afraid to speak her mind. When I was a teenager, I'd get so embarrassed in some of these moments; but in my adulthood, I look back and feel nothing but gratitude and admiration.  



xo,
-Erin
http://www.erinelsie.com
Follow me on Instagram: 
ErinBlank_Designer
*Readers, thanks for taking the time to share in my creative journey*
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment