Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dear Mom, 7 Days of "Thank You": Day 6 - "Roots and Wings"





With Mother's day coming up, I'm taking some time this week to reflect on how things I have learned from my mom influence me everyday.  Here is day 6 of "Dear Mom, 7 Days of "Thank You."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6  - Dear Mom, Thank you for giving me "Roots and Wings." 
This is one can best be summed up by this great quote: 


“Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.”

-Dalai Lama XIV 

I love New York, but I know that it will always be my second home. Louisiana is home; It is inspiring to me, it's part of me, it's where most of my family is- it's where my roots are. As much as I know my mom misses me being close to home, she has also always encouraged me to fly. She knew at a young age that I was going to take off and has always been supportive. Thanks, Mom! 

(Amazing roots in Kauai - I couldn't resist)

Happy Saturday everyone!

xo,
-Erin
http://www.erinelsie.com
Follow me on Instagram: 
ErinBlank_Designer
*Readers, thanks for taking the time to share in my creative journey*



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment