Thursday, June 12, 2014

Remnants, Repurposed into Accessories




Remnants,  Repurposed into accessories


As most of my fabrics are special, often vintage, and in small supply, it really hurts me to throw anything away- even the scraps. If they are lying around my workspace long enough, they often speak to me. I'll look at a little scrap and suddenly see the earrings that they can become. Once I have that visual in my mind, I usually start to work on it right away as I'm generally too impatient to sketch. They are often the perfect little distracting projects to work on while I need to step away from larger, more involved ones.

These pieced leather and lace earrings have such amazing color and are super lightweight, perhaps my favorite characteristic of fabric earrings. They won't take a tole on your earlobes. 





I always have earring in progress around the workspace, when I need a peaceful hand-sewing project. 

These are the only pieces I have left of this fabric and the print so perfectly worked as a pair. 

A bold statement and also so lightweight and easy to wear. 


I always keep inspiration around and I've been wanting to experiment with fringe...



 These leftover sweater parts were so fun and colorful and just spoke "statement necklace" to me. I'm glad I finally was able to use them. They are remnants from a hand-stitched sweater project- you can check out here  angora-mix-media-boho-sweater



It's inspiring to me when I can envision the beauty in something that someone else might otherwise discard.  Hope you can find the beauty in your everyday!

Be Well!
xo,
 Erin 
http://www.erinelsie.com 
Follow me on Instagram: ErinBlank_Designer


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment