Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I've got mail...




Happy Wednesday Folks,

Just taking a break from the ErinElsie factory of one to share some recent goodies from the postman. To my delight, I received a couple of packages in the mail in the past couple weeks. 




One from a dear old friend (as well as her mother), that I jokingly refer to as one of my employees and material scouts. From wherever they are, they occasionally pick up materials with me and mind. I'm not sure what's better really: the fact that I receive these lovely curated vintage and thrift finds in the mail like little gift packages, or the fact that they are thinking of me and my work as they are out and about. It's such an encouragement when the people you care about appreciate what you do and are trying to achieve. It's a feeling that certainly never gets old and keeps me going!



A few of my favorite things from my package:

This yardage of beautiful vintage fabric. I love it so much I'm currently afraid to cut into it...

These awesome vintage Hawaiian postcards - such lovely color inspiration. They take me back to a time when people actually sent postcards.  Think of a time when you did receive one - so much fun isn't it? And the little journal - it's such a healthy thing to still actually right notes and inspiration down and I'm more motivated to do so if there's a cute little journal to use. 
Also, the costume gold bangles I love. such an easy way to add a little something to an outfit and a great accessory prop for my photos :)

This ornate, navy fabric. I love navy. It's so rich, season-less, and timeless. 


My other surprise little package was a from my Uncle Mike! The extra specialness about this one was that is was so unexpected. I really love a good vintage Hawaiian shirt and the one he sent me did not disappoint! Happy and vivid prints inspire me and I can't wait to use it.  
Another great thing about these little packages, they always come accompanied with a lovely, handwritten note! In the age of email, it's fun to get a thoughtfully written little note. It's the perfect personal touch!

Also, thought I'd just share a purchase of mine that I received in the mail - and I love it! It's my new little vintage summer bag. It's was such a bargain and the perfect companion on a summery day out in NYC. I got it from a greatly curated vintage shop on Etsy called Thriftage. Check it out here: Thriftage 



Alright, back to work for me. I hope your week is going well, and if not - hang in there, at least it's Wednesday already!  Many thanks for taking the time to read along.  

Cheers,
 Erin 
http://www.erinelsie.com 
Follow me on Instagram: ErinBlank_Designer
 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment