Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Live in Color: Sharing a few bits from my inspiration board...


Greetings!

I hope you are all having a good week. I'm in the midst of some freelance work by day and my own work on an ErinElsie collection by night. Getting inspired is always a great stress reliever for me so thought I'd pass along the gesture by sharing some of my most favorite bits of  recent inspiration. 

Above, some bathing suit designs by the artist, Sonia Delaunay circa 1920s.
Image found here: stylesight.com 

Sonia Delaunay was a painter, illustrator, textile designer, and clothing designer who was a pioneer of abstract art beginning in the 1920s. In 1964 she became the only woman to have had an exhibition at the Louvre Museum in her own lifetime. Learn more about this artist here: britannica/Sonia-Delaunay

Two models in Sonia Delaunay beachwear, 1927. I gravitated towards this image right away and love that these outfits could indeed look great in black and white or as colorful prints. 
Images courtesy of blog.stylesight.com

How fun are all these pieces on the below vintage pattern? I'm still loving the trend of 2 piece sets and crop tops. There were so many fun takes on it in the late 50s and early 60s.  
Image found here: pinterest

I love sifting through old advertisements. Sometimes they can feel so dated and sometimes they can feel surprisingly modern. This ad below was for beach towels and I love love the prints and the idea that you could mix these patterns in a look. 



...and in the studio

I'm working on a few beach-y carryall bags. If perhaps you're intimidated by putting bold prints in your wardrobe, then try incorporating them with accessories. 

I'm also loving how this array of kimono-style tops is turning out! I'm trying to get this all out in the next couple of weeks.  

Alright, and now time for that glass of wine...I hope your week is going well, and if not - hang in there, the weekend will be here shortly!  Many thanks for taking the time to read along.  

Cheers friends,
 Erin 
http://www.erinelsie.com 
Follow me on Instagram: ErinBlank_Designer
 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment