Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Fearless and Feminine Five Dollar Find



My Fearless and Feminine Five Dollar Find


 Much like a go to LBD (Little Black Dress), for the summer I have my go to colorful dresses.  I'm attracted to ones that can take me from day to night, or occasion to occasion. On a recent trip home to hot Louisiana, I threw some dresses in a carry-on backpack and I was good to go! 

 My favorites, and the ones I get the most compliments on, are all thrift store finds. Most of them weren't more than 5 dollars! In many cases, I'll do some slight alterations in size or just to better accommodate my body shape. The dresses then feel even more unique.  

If you know me, you've probably seen me in this dress. It's one of my favorite $5 finds. I wear it from Spring, all the way into Fall. For super hot weather, I love that it keeps me cool and comfortable. For cooler weather it makes a lovely layer under a sweater or jacket. 

I tend to gravitate towards deeper, more saturated color, and this pink print is spot on. I also love that this dress has a little cap sleeve that adds to it's versatility. 

I can throw it over a swimsuit, then take it into nighttime with dressier heels or sandals.

 Sometimes I add on booties and my bomber jacker to change it up and add a little bit of edge. (I got this jacket when I was 16 and I still love it!) 




I altered the hem a little bit and it made the slouchiness of this dress more flattering for my body. 


For me, confidence is key. I'm not always the most comfortable in shorts. If I ever start feeling a little anxious when getting ready, I throw on one of my favorite vintage dresses. I instantly feel more confidant and unique, and that's the power of wearing clothes that you love. 

If you feel like you're in a dress rut (or a clothing rut for that matter) and on a budget- hit some thrift stores and explore the possibilities! 

 Thanks for following along friends!
xo,
     Erin 

Follow along the journey of ErinElsie and *Textile*Repurposed*Style.* Subscribe by email in the sidebar of my blog or sign up for Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment