Thursday, June 11, 2015

It's all in the (Denim) Details!


Hey Ya'll! 

I had to throw in the ya'll as I recently returned from a trip home to Louisiana. One of my best friends got married, and it was great to have a little girl time + a little family time. I'm busy with a freelance job this week; and since I don't have the time to create in my home studio, I'm just taking a little time to share about some recent work that came out of the studio.

There's definitely a noticeable pattern in my recent designs - lots of denim details! I love how the neutral denim compliments the bold patterns of these vintage fabrics, while also adding a little structure and edge. 


Americana Cold Shoulder Top


Americana at its best. A little bit structure and a little bit boho. This chic and breezy top is made of reclaimed, vintage fabric, as well as light blue recycled denim parts. 
Although it make look complex, the fit is actually easy. The trapeze silhouette drapes gently away from the body. The back has elastic, revealing just enough back and shoulders to keep it feminine and flattering.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawaiian Trapeze Top

Flow-y pieces can be flattering, it's all about shape and proportion. The trapeze silhouette of this tank drapes gently away from the body, and I love, love the print of this vintage Hawaiian fabric. It was salvaged from a shirt I picked up in Hawaii a couple of years ago.    
 My favorite part of this top is the back, it shows just the right amount of skin. The adjustable tie closures at the shoulders add just the right amount of sweetness. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bold print, denim details, and versatility take this maxi dress to the next level! The black denim details pull it all together. 
Ties along each side allow you to wear this dress a few different ways. You can simply tie the sides together to secure it and have them dangle, you can tuck them in and hide them, or you can cinch the front in for a different look. The back tie slides through the denim detail like a draw string, so you can adjust that however you like as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't get more classic than denim. A textile that was originally created to make tough, long lasting work clothes, a quality denim will truly stand the test of time. When I walk into a thrift store, I'm always blown away by the racks and racks of discarded denim in perfectly good condition. A lot of my personal favorite pairs of jeans are from thrift stores or are hand-me-downs from friends. 

Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely weekend, in your favorite denim ;)

xo,
     Erin 

Follow along the journey of ErinElsie and *Textile*Repurposed*Style.* Subscribe by email in the sidebar of my blog or sign up for Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment