Monday, September 29, 2014

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue...



Hope your Monday is going well friends, I'm just returning from a long weekend in Charlottesville, VA from the wedding celebration of a very special couple. We had a blast - reuniting with great friends, cheesy buttered bacon grits, front porches, green grass, beautiful weather, and lots of love all around. 



The bride and her husband feel like a second family to us. A while back while visiting at their home, she handed down some of her grandmother's sewing bits and notions to me. She lost her grandmother earlier this year, and it inspired me to make a little wedding gift that could be a keepsake as well. I realize that objects are just objects, but I think it is possible to inject meaning and memories into them. I wanted this gift to have that. 


For the materials, I used:
- a zipper, blue remnants for the lining, and ribbon for the zipper pull (all from Aimee's grandmother)
- some vintage linen and lace from the my wedding dress materials.







We celebrated the wedding on a beautiful farm. The weather could not have been more perfect. Truly a special weekend all around. 

Photo above courtesy of the glowing bride.
Dedicating this blog post to the happy couple pictured above! Thanks for letting us share in this love-fest Mike and Aimee!  

All the best,
-Erin
Follow along on Instagram: ErinBlank_Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment