Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to Brooklyn

Greetings!

I'm finally getting settled again at home. I'm so glad we decided to extend the trip to our friends' beautiful wedding into an awesome Hawaiian adventure. I am filled with happy memories and picked up some awesome sewing materials on the way. With a little effort and research, you can do some amazing traveling on a budget. I definitely see more journeys in my future!

 A pile of awesome fabric finds from my trip. Now I must hand wash and organize them. These materials will definitely be a strong part of my next spring collection.


Returning home from the high of any vacation can seem a little sad at first. The spectacular beauty of the nature and weather of Hawaii is quite consuming. Also, traveling back east over a time zone difference of 6 hours can definitely take its toll on your internal clock. I spent the first night sleeping like a baby, but the second night I couldn't sleep and ended up obsessing over the weather channel with Hurricane Isaac and sewing all night. My hometown and most of my family is in south Louisiana. I am happy to report that they are safe and sound. Jumping back into my work reminded me that I have so much to come home to! I'm am working very hard right now and I am so excited about what is to come.

My sewing desk when I returned home. I had to photograph it as it is never this empty! It will quickly be consumed by piles of fabric and multiple projects going on at one time...


 New York City is not the easiest place to live sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is important to create your own peaceful living and working space, and I have found an oasis in my cozy Brooklyn neighborhood.

My little kitchen/office/draping space. I love that it faces trees and is full of natural light. 


My tree-lined street.

Yesterday, the weather was 79 degrees and sunny. In much need of a sewing break, I took an afternoon stroll to my favorite close by coffee shop and then to the park. I love soaking in the happiness of the park - cute dogs, happy kids, friends gathering to visit, someone reading and enjoying the sun. Not having my own outdoor space, you learn to appreciate nature big a small- the vastness of Hawaii or the simplicity of a park in the middle of a city.
One of my favorite park spots. 


Alright, back to work now for me! Want to know about blog updates as soon as they happen? Click subscribe by email at the bottom of my blog and become one of my followers!


Sincerely,
 -Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment