Monday, April 4, 2016

Ready, Set, Spring!


Hi friends! I'm trying to think spring, even though it's cold and rainy outside today in New York City.


 At least there are still beautiful sunny moments and flowers are starting to bloom. I feel like I've been hibernating creatively during these past winter months and collecting some super vintage fabrics and ideas along the way.  


I'm feeling inspired and anxious to get to work on a new ErinElsie summer collection. Here's a little preview of some of my fave fabrics.


It's all about the details. Handmade finishes and just the right buttons are part of what truly sets a special garment apart. 

I love using denim. It's such a great fabric to recycle. It's become a sort of neutral that connects my pieces to one another amid all the prints and fabrics.


My current fave in my vintage fabric stash is this most unique hand-dyed and hand embroidered one.


I still have buttons from my grandmother Elsie and I love hunting around for more. I also still receive some from family and friends a I love that! 


***


***


Okay, time to get busy! New pieces coming your way!


Have a lovely Monday!

xo,
     Erin 

Follow along the journey of ErinElsie and *Textile*Repurposed*Style.* Subscribe by email in the sidebar of my blog or sign up for Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment