Monday, April 11, 2016

ErinElsie, Lately


ErinElsie, Lately.

***


Hi Friends!

I hope your Monday is starting off okay. I got myself some uplifting $5 flowers from the bodega around the corner to brighter mine! (I love that about NYC, even the funniest little convenience stores always have fresh flowers). Just sharing a little ditty about about what's going on with ErinElsie and I lately. 

***
This weekend I finally watched the documentary, Dior and I. This one is definitely staying on repeat for whenever I need a little maker inspiration. To my detriment, I really love hand sewing. It's not fast or practical always, but it's those details which truly make a garment special. If you want to appreciate or even just understand true couture craftsmanship, check it out! Every single person working behind the scenes crafting these garments is truly an artist and technician.



Sewing and going in the ErinElsie home studio.


***

I was asked to participate in an upcoming Brooklyn market called f.a.d. weekend. It is taking place in a beautiful venue in a beautiful neighborhood. As I still sell most of my items online, it's wonderful to get out and sell items in person!

f.a.d. weekend is a pop-up fashion, art and design indoor makers’ market & flea that is held weekly on Sundays in Brooklyn. We will begin our journey on May 1st at 22 Boerum Place, a McKim, Mead & White 1926 Renaissance revival style theater. f.a.d. weekend will move around in its first year to awesome neighborhoods and unique venues in Brooklyn.

f.a.d. is an acronym for fashion, art and design and we at f.a.d. weekend aim to create a curated collective space that brings together a pool of emerging and mid-career artists and designers from all backgrounds, representing the talent of the city and beyond, together with vintage, antique and collectibles.

 If you live in the greater NYC area, come check out my booth on Sunday, May 1,  where I will have some new ErinElsie items for sale! More info and flyers you can share below!




***

I'm so grateful to be featured with my design work in the latest April issue of InRegister magazine. InRegister is a lovely publication from my home state, Louisiana! The opening photo of me in the article is not the most glamorous (eek); but much like the article, it is a very real portrayal of about my life as an artist and entrepreneur. It's always great to be recognized for my hard work, but this was extra special coming from my homeland! I am a Louisiana girl at heart and aim to sell more of my work there in the future. Pick up the April issue in person if you are in the Baton Rouge area or check the article online by clicking here.



My parents, because they are awesome, headed to Baton Rouge as soon as they were released and picked up some copies. They sent me this one with a sweet note. Even for the smallest of things, hearing your parents say they are proud of you never gets old. 




Alright, back to work for me. Thanks for reading along and have a super week!


xo,
     Erin 


Follow along the journey of ErinElsie and *Textile*Repurposed*Style.* Subscribe by email in the sidebar of my blog or sign up for Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment