Monday, November 9, 2015

Pouch Perfect! Something Old, Something New...




Greetings! I can't believe it's already November. Freelance projects have kept me super busy, so I am so excited to be back in the home studio making things again! In my busy-ness, I feel like I am always in need of little ways to help organize my daily life. My handbags, backpacks, styling supplies, and sewing supplies tend to get out of control over time and I can't find anything I need. With that inspiration and my desire to put some great fabric remnants to good use, came these little zipper pouches!

I can't ever let good fabric go to waste. Each piece has a story - whether it was the way it was found or the story by which a person gave it to me and I love that. Because I have fabrics in such small and limited amounts, I want to use every last bit of them. In addition to interesting prints and colors, I really love working with denim. It's not unusual for friends to drop off their old jeans to add to my fabric supply :) If any fabric was made to last and be reincarnated into a new item - it's denim. 


And how about these great brass zippers?


This floral cotton fabric was give to me by an old neighbor in my hometown. For a long time, she worked at a fabric store and she is starting to giveaway all her fabrics and notions. The quality and assortment of her fabrics are so lovely I'm so glad that she thought of me. I decided to use some of this fabric as a lining - I always want the items I make to be beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. 

The result? Sweet little somethings to hold your sweet little somethings, or just all those little things that get lost in your giant handbag! 


Treat yourself, or give one as a sweet gift with a story that goes much beyond the design!

Okay, back to work for me. I have a few ambitious projects I'm trying to get done! Please stay tuned and hope you are having a lovely Monday!
xo,
     Erin 


Follow along the journey of ErinElsie and *Textile*Repurposed*Style.* Subscribe by email in the sidebar of my blog or sign up for Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment