Monday, August 10, 2015

An Ode to the Teeshirt with these Unique Upcycled Tote Bags!

An Ode to the Teeshirt with these Unique Upcycled Tote Bags!


It doesn't get more classic than the teeshirt, especially those favorites that you wear until they are literally falling apart! My husband has lots of these. Unique teeshirts, many are from concerts or travels over the years and carry so many stories with them. He handed some over to me in disrepair, and I was inspired to create some wearable art using the unique designs of each tee shirt. A friend gave me some old curtains a while back, and I thought the sturdiness of the fabric would be perfect for the base of a simple tote bag.    


I used some fabric glue and then hand stitched around the teeshirts with colorful thread to give them a clean finished edge. I'm so happy with the results!
_______________________________________________________________

Brooklyn 2 Faced Upcycled TeeShirt Tote 








________________________________________________________________

The Florida Rocker 2 Faced Upcycled TeeShirt Tote







_____________________________________________________________



Have a great week!

xo,
     Erin 

Follow along the journey of ErinElsie and *Textile*Repurposed*Style.* Subscribe by email in the sidebar of my blog or sign up for Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

Other Links:
✰ Instagram: https://instagram.com/erinblank_designer/

No comments:

Post a Comment