Friday, November 14, 2014

It's Fall Ya'll! Some of my favorite new pieces fresh from the workshop...


It's Fall Ya'll!

Whether your part of the world is cold, or just a little bit cool, fall is such a fun time to layer accordingly. I'm excited about some of my new pieces because they lend perfectly to that idea. 

Versatile Paisley Shirt Dress and Kimono


A perfect, timeless paisley print. From the moment I found this fabric, I fell in love with the rich, universally flattering color scheme. This fabric is a lightweight wool, made in France, I reclaimed from a vintage garment with a very dated and unflattering shape (I found the original piece on a recent vintage treasure hunt with my mom in Louisiana, you can read more about that on my last post here.) It was a joy to repurpose this fabric into this beautiful dress and kimono. I also love the idea of taking this piece into summer as a rich swimsuit cover-up. The exaggerated sleeves are super comfy and flattering, adding a fun shape that's not overly dramatic. As the days get colder, just layer it up with tights and/or a long sleeved shirt underneath.






Leopard Print Boxy Blouse 

 Leopard print has now established itself as a versatile and neutral print in fashion these days. I love the idea of interpreting it into chic pieces that you can incorporate into your wardrobe. This leopard blouse is such an easy and season-less one, but lends itself to fall beautifully. It's made from a piece of reclaimed vintage fabric. There are little black buttons down he back, and you can even flip it around to change up the look.


Quilted Leopard Print Fabric Fold-over Clutch


I never let good fabric go to waste. I had just enough fabric leftover from making the above blouse, that I was able to create this chic little clutch. I quilted the fabric with cotton batting and lined it in a cute plaid print. It would add a perfect pop to both dressy and casual looks all year around, but looks beautiful with all the fabrics and textures of fall. It would also be a great little bag to just drop in your larger carryall as a wallet or makeup pouch.  





Alright, back to the workshop for me- more new fall pieces coming soon. Thanks for following along friends, and have a lovely weekend.

All the best,
-Erin
Follow my ever day along on Instagram:@ ErinBlank_Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment