Saturday, March 23, 2013

In the kitchen with ErinElsie


Today, I am finally getting back to my work on ErinElsie.  I was on a brief hiatus due to a freelance job, intertwined with an awesome and impromptu visit from my mom. I started the morning off with one of my favorite things- a coffee moment at my sunny kitchen window and buttery, toasted bread topped with a fried egg! I definitely have a passion for food, and since I don't have any newness yet to share about ErinElsie, I thought I'd just share a little recent food and cooking inspiration

 My simply yummy breakfast: buttery, toasted bread topped with a fried egg and lots of pepper. (especially good if it's a farm fresh egg!)


While my mom was here, we had no set schedule or agenda, and that's one of the best ways to enjoy New York- strolling around a great neighborhood, checking out the many beautiful old buildings and discovering great little cafes. We both love to eat and that is no doubt a family trait.

 Mom and I found some of the best hot chocolate spots in my neighborhood. This will help me get through the long and chilly winter!


I love to cook as much as I love to eat. Although there are so so many great restaurants in New York, sometimes it's also just as nice to stay in - especially in the winter. Last night, I cooked dinner for one of my favorite vegetarians. I find myself drawn to foods that are just as lovely in color as in taste. Inspiration can come from anywhere, and for me cooking is a creative therapy when I'm stumped on a project or just need to take a break.

Check out some of my colorful menu from last night:
 

Pantone Color Institute's Color of the Year 2013 is Emerald green. This is definitely the most vibrant, colorful dip I've ever made- green pea hummus.  

 Not your average salad: asparagus, cucumbers, and purple cabbage tossed in a light and spicy dressing.

Bow tie pasta, in a light sauce made with white wine, butter, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Everything is better with butter and wine ;)

Okay, so sometimes I pick out certain wines just because of their creative labels...

Alright, back to work for me. Hope you are having a lovely weekend with good food and company. I think I'm getting hungry again...

Cheers!
 -Erin
www.erinelsie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment