Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bring on the Fall


Happy Fall!

 I can't believe it's already the end of September! I am finally enjoying a weekend off from freelance obligations; excited to dedicate time to sleeping in, having my favorite meditative morning coffee moments, and diving back into working on my fall/ winter pieces for ErinElsie. Here is a little ditty about what I've been up to and what I'm working on now.   


 In August I had an ErinElsie booth at the Hester Street Fair in the lower east side of Manhattan. I had a little anxiety about doing the fair, but it is time for me to further push my work out to the public. Deadlines also seem to help the scattered, creative part of my brain get organized and productive! Regardless of the amount of sales, the best part was having customers touch and feel my work with compliments on the handmade quality and craftsmanship. It turned out to be the perfect motivation I needed to keep on going.    





ErinElsie goes West...

Another development for ErinElsie: I now have some pieces in the newly opened Hyperclash Boutique in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  It is an eco-boutique with inspirational work from all over the country. I'm so excited to be part of it! Please check it out if you're ever nearby!
The HYPERCLASH flagship store is located at:
 926 #1 Baca Street Studios
 Santa Fe NM


Freelance work took me to the Los Angeles, California area in early September for 10 days. It's definitely a trek flying westward across the country. Luckily I had an empty row of seats, a pile of reading material to dive into, and my sketchbook just in case. 




I caught up on some fall fashion with my Nylon magazine. Plaid of course is always popular in fall/ winter, but this year it is definitely everywhere in traditional and non traditional ways. 

Studio sneak peek - some of my colorful plaids



My cozy and luxurious reversible, unisex scarf is made from a repurposed men's cotton flannel shirt and soft reclaimed merino wool. More colorful combos coming soon. 
 


I never leave home without one of my coffee cozies, so I decided it might be a good idea to start selling them again. They protect your hands from the hot cup, can be reused of course, and you'll always know which cup is yours! They're made mostly with collars and sometimes cuffs from repurposed from men's shirts. I never like to waste remnants of good fabric and I love that these have such a great everyday use. They also make great little gifts!



One of my favorite magazines, as I am indeed still a southern girl at heart. I got to  read my latest issue, cover to cover on the plane. The recipes are my favorite part :)

My current book of the moment?
 "Catherine The Great," by Robert K. Massie.  I can be a super history nerd at times and this is what I've been going to sleep with at night- and on airplanes. Drifting off into different time periods, especially elaborately costumed ones, can turn into unexpected inspiration.
My bookmark of the moment? 
A postcard of my favorite paintings, Lady Peel, from a visit to the Frick Collection.  That's quite the hat, Lady Peel, I love a good pop of color.
 For more info about this actual piece, click the link below.

 Studio sneak peek - funky and romantic florals  

...combined with cozy fabrics...

...and a little bit of lace

In closing, I leave you with a few photos of California sunshine.

  
  I'm grateful that work takes me to beautiful places, but I'm happy to be back in New York- bring on the fall!

Wishing you a very happy weekend and fall! As always, thanks for coming along on my little journey. 

XO, 
 -Erin 

www.erinelsie.com










No comments:

Post a Comment